Building a Cohesive Leadership Team (Episode 2)
Apr 24, 2018
How healthy is your leadership team? This week on The Leading Edge, we move into the 1st Discipline of a Healthy Organization - building a cohesive leadership team - as part of our exploration of Patrick Lencioni's book, "The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business."
This series is specifically directed to leaders of mission-centric, spiritually-focused organizations and ministries. In this episode, we'll explore:
- The Importance of Healthy Leadership Teams
- The Difference between a "Team" and a "Work Group"
- How to Define of a Cohesive Leadership Team
- The Ideal Size for Your Leadership Team - and Why...
- The Shadow Side of Inclusivity - and How To Create it in a Healthy Way
- Assessing Your Leaders' Willingness to Be Teammates
- How to Align Your Team on Common Objectives
Share your insights in our comments area below as you follow along. With your own leadership team, reflect on these key points:
- In what areas of your organization do you currently have a "leadership team" in place? In what areas are you operating more as a "work group"?
- What is your current method for identifying and selecting members of your leadership team? Do you see areas where you could be more effective in choosing your representation?
- Describe processes you have for engaging your community in decision-making. In what ways does this foster inclusivity? In what ways (if any) does this make decision-making challenging?
- How willing are your leaders to serve as part of a team?
- Are all the members of your leadership team working toward a common objective? What are current stated objectives of your leadership team?
- What other ideas and insights did this episode pique in you?
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST FOR IDEAS AND INSPIRATION
FOR CREATING A BETTER LIFE!
Mindset | Personal & Entrepreneurial Growth | Sustainable Living