Your Purpose, Our Mission...Sep 15, 2021
What would it be like to fulfill YOUR PURPOSE as part of a GREATER MISSION?
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Yum. I enjoyed cold, creamy, marshmallow chocolatey deliciousness yesterday with my daughter and my parents who are visiting this week from Texas. It was my first time to be in a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream store.
I've been meditating on our new Mission Statement for The What If UP Club ever since we talked about Mission in our Pre-Launch Challenge.
There, at Ben & Jerry's, I saw the power of a clear and engaging mission. It was painted on the wall. It was woven into the culture. It was inspiring. And yes, I do believe it made the ice cream even taste a little better.
THE BIG REVEAL:
After weeks of trial and error, writing and rewriting, this is the Mission Statement that has landed in my heart:
The MISSION of THE WHAT IF UP CLUB is to ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER and BUILD EACH OTHER UP through the POWER of POSSIBILITY.
This week, we prepare to kick off our fall series by digging into the impact and potential living within our mission.
- What if you bring your gifts and talents to this quest?
- What if we carry out this mission together?
- Do you have a personal mission statement? How do you/could you use this clarity to make decisions in your life?
- What are your strengths and talents? In what ways are you using your gifts to make a difference for others?
- How do you know when you are fulfilling your mission? What does a #win look like for you as it relates to bringing your mission to life?
Your MISSION communicates what you have chosen to DO to make the world a better place.
CREATE and/or SHARE your Mission Statement this week with our Community!
Here are a few tips:
- A Mission Statement is built around a strong VERB. What are you here to DO? Aim to boil it down to one powerful verb (ex: BUILD, INSPIRE, LEAD, etc.)
- WHO are you here to serve? Add it to your Mission Statement! (Ex: "teach students," "inspire entrepreneurs," etc.)
- WHAT is the result? Add it to your Mission Statement! (Ex: "to teach students to study smart," "to inspire entrepreneurs to grow their online business")
I'm excited to get to get to know you better through your Mission!
Don't miss a beat!
Get new episodes, reflection questions and resource guides delivered straight to your inbox each week when you join The What If UP Club. Sign UP here to activate your FREE Membership
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.