Encourage Each Other...Sep 08, 2021
Encourage one another and build each other UP...
I recently ran across this tidbit of wisdom from 1 Thessalonians 5:11, and it sent a bolt right through me.
This is what The What If UP Club is all about. It's great to have tools for building a resilient mindset. But it is totally NEXT LEVEL to use those tools to encourage others and help others fulfill their dreams.
THE REAL MAGIC IN IT ALL IS THIS:
When you immerse yourself in a culture of encouragement and edification, you will never be able to give more than you receive. (But it sure is fun to try!)
- Think of a time in your own life when someone encouraged you in a meaningful way. What happened? What was the impact?
- What are you working on in your life where you could use some occasional (or frequent!) encouragement?
- How often do you reach out for this kind of support? Are you more comfortable giving or receiving encouragement? Do you notice any old beliefs that may be limiting your receptivity?
To "edify" someone literally means to "UPlift" or "build them UP." For our first CHALLENGE of September: Seek out at least ONE person to publicly edify. Then share your experience with us!
Here are a few ideas:
- When introducing a friend or colleague, point out a few of the qualities you most admire. "This is my friend, Sue. She's an incredible entrepreneur and is doing really innovative things with her team."
- Post on social: "Hanging out with friends today. I'm so grateful to be among a group that is so loving, supportive and constantly there for me."
- Other ideas? We will be sharing them online and in our Facebook Group. Jump in and feel the vibe!
Don't miss a beat!
Get new episodes, reflection questions and resource guides delivered straight to your inbox each week when you join The What If UP Club. Sign UP here to activate your FREE Membership
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.